We look at content and SEO as pieces of the same puzzle as the two are interlinked. Keywords would not exist without content and SEO would not exist without keywords. We often come across the disconnect in SEO and content when we take on new clients as many people don’t understand the value of a well written piece of content. Google does, users do and so do we! Now though the balance exists – include a certain keyword too much in your content and you will be penalised by the ranking powers that be. In short, the Panda Algorithm. This is why it is crucial to hire a reputable agency who absolutely understand SEO. Technical practitioners will know where the balance is needed, how the balance is acquired and get their copywriters to focus on these aspects.
- Quality content: Write for the user, never copy content, and ensure your grammar and spelling is in tip-top condition.
- Keyword research: Perform in depth keyword research and compare what your competitors are ranking for. Include keywords relevant to your business in your content.
- Original content: Your content must be fresh, accurate and relevant to the topic you are writing about. Plagiarised content is a big no-no!
- Target audience: Remember who you are trying to attract when writing your content. Write for the audience and not for the search engine.
- Answer a query: >If you come across a question that is frequently asked of you, it would be a good idea to use that question and answer in your content as you can expect it to be a popular search term.
- Include a design element: Images, videos or infographics which are useful. Good content includes a visible element such as an image, infographic, or a video. Remember to include the alt tags in your images too.