If national lockdown taught us only one thing, it would be that businesses who could adapt to change were those that were set up with an optimised website. Businesses that had an ecommerce platform, did even better.
As SEO is a long-term strategy, the success of a proper SEO effort can only be seen months after optimisation has begun. The trend we observed during lockdown was that those who had secured SEO practices far in advance fared better than those who did not. This success can be attributed to the following SEO factors:
- User-friendly and mobile friendly websites.
- Relevant and fresh content.
- Unique content.
- Proper keyword strategy.
- On- and off-page SEO.
- Creative title tags and descriptions.
- Optimised headings in content.
- Keywords showcased in URL’s.
- Images with correctly populated alt tags, image titles and filenames.
- Meta descriptions.
- Quality inbound links.
- Local search optimisation.
- Social signals.
- Continuous technical adjustments according to algorithm updates.