Although WhatsApp has made our work lives easier by being able to contact clients quicker as well as communicate messages to a group at once, it is also a graphic designer’s worst nightmare! Many clients who deal with us ask for urgent communications to be designed and because they are on the go – prefer to send images via WhatsApp. Unfortunately, due to WhatsApp compressing the size of the image before sending it – this renders the image either unusable or pixelated on a standard design platform.
Graphic designers require images which are sent to be of a high resolution in order to work their magic on it. Photos or images sent via WhatsApp unfortunately are of limited use. Even emailing high resolution images can be a problem due to the size limitation a server may place on email attachments. This is why we suggest our clients make use of a file-sharing solution, such as Dropbox or WeTransfer.
WeTransfer is a simple file-sharing application that doesn’t require registration and it’s absolutely free for up to 2GB.
Quick Guide on how to use WeTransfer:
- Go to wetransfer.com in your web browser.
- Click on the ‘+’ icon to add the images or files you would like to upload which appears next to the ‘Add your files’ heading.
- Enter the email address of the person you are sending the files to in the ‘Email to’ field.
- Add your own email address in the ‘Your email’ field.
- Add a message if you need to in the ‘Message’ field.
- Click on the ‘Transfer’ button to send.
If you receive a WeTransfer file, all you need to do is click on the button which says ‘Get your files’ to download. It really is as simple as that!
Reach out to us with help in SEO, digital marketing, online advertising, website design and maintenance or email marketing. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org for a free quote.